Ukraine is selling his lands, a long waited reform by major worldwide investor. Way this low and this big interest in Ukrainian land: first of all.
– Ukrainian land remains the last fertile area in Europe.
– Investors can be land holder for a very interesting price.
Agricultural land in Ukraine is cultivated by more than 50 foreign investors who control more than 3.5 million arable land. This was reported by the coordinator of the Land Matrix project in Ukraine and Eastern Europe, Mikhail Amosov, reports Business.Censor.
The council voted in favor of the land law.
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has finally passed the law on land!
Bill No. 2178-10 “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on the Circulation of Agricultural Lands” during the March 30 extraordinary session supported the majority of people’s deputies as it was said by Ukrainians mass media.
Contemplated land reform in Ukraine, the long waited deal is done.
The launch of the land market in Ukraine will take place on July 1, 2021 (in the previous edition from October 1, 2020).
The main provisions of the adopted bill No. 2178-10:
By January 1, 2024, only individuals-citizens of Ukraine will be able to buy land. Dear investors don’t be sad; it’s only from above what these reforms looks like.
1) Admission of foreigners to the purchase of land in Ukraine will be possible only after the adoption of an appropriate decision at a national referendum.
2) Agricultural lands of state and communal ownership will not be sold.
3) The concentration of land in one hand in the first two years after the launch of land reform is limited to an area of 100 hectares.
all deals will not be fixed in the Land Matrix system .Today, Land Matrix is a system in which all land transactions are recorded, starting from 200 hectares. Another condition is that the deal should happen after 2000.
4) From January 1, 2024, Ukrainian legal entities will be allowed to buy land in a concentration of not more than 10 thousand hectares .
5) Payment for the purchase of land will be held only in non-cash form.
6) Banks may be owners of land within the collection of collateral. Such plots must be alienated in bidding within 2 years.
7) Legal entities whose participants are citizens of the aggressor state, individuals, who have been sanctioned, are prohibited from buying land, even if a referendum is held.
8) Foreign citizens are prohibited from buying land in the 50-km zone from the state border of Ukraine, regardless of the referendum decision.
9) The selling price of agricultural plots cannot be lower than their normative monetary value. This norm will be valid until January 1, 2030.